Am Freitag, 30. Mai 2008 schrieb L. Weiss:
> > Oh well... Part 1 ends with:
> >
> >     00 00 01 b9
> >
> > Famous last bytes, so to say :-(
> >
> > That's the MPEG code for "program end" which indicates - you may have
> > already guessed it - the end of a movie. And, of course, dvbcut honors
> > this code and stops processing the file(s). If you chop off the last
> > four bytes, it should work as expected (until it encounters the next PE
> > code).
> >
> > The question is, how did that happen? A split-file recording should not
> > contain PE except at the very end (of the last chunk). It just doesn't
> > make sense otherwise.
>
> Oh, i think it makes very much sense! Because what should be the sense of a
> split-recording at all? I think there can only be two main reasons:
> First if the filesystem can not handle big files (as FAT does) or second
> you want small parts to put the recording parts on CD/DVD. In both cases
> you do not want to connect them to one, so every part needs a PE.
> In my case it was just the standard configuration, i didnt wanted splitting
> at all.

Yeah, but a MPEG transport stream is not meant to have an EOF.
Also the newest Topfield receiver cuts the recorded TS in parts of 1.5GB
(dispite the fact that the interanl disk is a ext3 one, but that's another
sory) but the parts have no EOF (and also no proprietary headers anymore),
just pur MPEG TS.

Is it possible that you stored the videos already as MPEG Program Stream and
thats the reason fo the EOF markers and the 650MB chunks?
Maybe you also could store the TS directly without conversion to (splittet)
PS?

ciao
Ralph

PS: BTW,... did you suceed after chopping off the last 4 bytes?