Hi,

sorry to say... or lucky?... ;-)

Am Freitag, 30. Mai 2008 schrieb L. Weiss:
> > PS: BTW,... did you suceed after chopping off the last 4 bytes?
>
> No, not realy. I do have two parts on dvbcut now, but after the first part
> it jumps to the nearly end of the second.

...you are doing something wrong!

It works perfectly after stripping away the last 8 bytes from the first
snipped!!!

Just see the exported file "part_1+2_stripped.mpg" or try the project
file "part_1+2_stripped.dvbcut" together with the supplied (stripped) files
in the archive under:

 http://dvbcut.kicks-ass.net/multifiletest.7z
(4MB, use 7zip or lzma for decompressing,... BTW since just wondered...
tar+bz2/gz or zip would have been 3x larger!!!)

> I think the problem is the timestamps you mentioned before.

No, the timestamps usually cause no problem (as I told already), especially
not if the recorded snippeds belong together in which case even the displayed
timestamps are correct (the exported one are always correct).

But also if you supply the files (original or stripped part 1, since the now
starting part 2 has no EOF) in the wrong order DVBcut succeeds in
perfectly merging the two files and exporting as a whole chunk (of course
with the wrong order that way)!

That's one of the best unknown/unsupported features IMHO...
DVBcut as video editing tool... ;-)

ciao
Ralph