> Oh well... Part 1 ends with:
>
>       00 00 01 b9
>
> Famous last bytes, so to say :-(
>
> That's the MPEG code for "program end" which indicates - you may have
> already guessed it - the end of a movie. And, of course, dvbcut honors
> this code and stops processing the file(s). If you chop off the last
> four bytes, it should work as expected (until it encounters the next PE
> code).
>
> The question is, how did that happen? A split-file recording should not
> contain PE except at the very end (of the last chunk). It just doesn't
> make sense otherwise.

Oh, i think it makes very much sense! Because what should be the sense of a
split-recording at all? I think there can only be two main reasons:
First if the filesystem can not handle big files (as FAT does) or second you
want small parts to put the recording parts on CD/DVD. In both cases you do
not want to connect them to one, so every part needs a PE.
In my case it was just the standard configuration, i didnt wanted splitting at
all.