"Mike Morrow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

> It is unfortunate that contest and DX rules in general don't mandate
> complete call sign exchanges by both stations, each containing both
station
> call signs along with the proper prosigns.  That would certainly be more

Since the FCC has few monitors who can copy CW any more, they are pretty
unconcerned how we ID.  Thus our procedures change to meet our own needs.
Is someone giving away Maserati's? I'll show upand shout my name too; why
else would I be in the pileup?  Properly, this requires a "DE" before the
call, but I only need one of those after ten minutes -- and what the eye
(ear) don't see (hear) the heart (Engineer) won't grieve (miss).

FWIW, while the FCC may have given up on CW, the *FBI* had openings for CW
ops two or three years ago.

Cortland
KA5S