Why even send the call of the station you are calling, especially if it is a
contest? He knows his(her) call. And in contesting why send QRP, unless the
contest requires it? It just slows things up. The person on the receiving
end is going to pick out the loudest and shortest call first. Also there
seems to be more than one definition of QRP. It would seem what one
considers to be QRP is most important to the person who is running QRP. So
therefore you don't need to send it. When you are on the side calling CQ you
can't tell by signal strength if the station calling you is running full
power, has big antennas, running mobile or QRP. The ionosphere is a big
equalizer depending on the band, time of day, where the signals are coming
from, etc.

There is nothing wrong with being a traditionalist. It just may mean you
don't get through the pileup as soon. And greater chance your call will be
copied incorrectly. One thing that I can't figure out is when someone gives
my call a few times when calling me and sends their call one time. I'm not
sure what that is about.

I do not consider myself a good CW op. I wish I were. But CW is my favorite
mode. So when I operate off shore and several are calling at once I am just
trying to get a few letters out of the mess if the signals aren't strong.
Think how much more confusion is added when you are sending " AA4LR  DE
AA4AK/QRP AR" instead of  "AA4AK".

Steve, it seems you have discovered the best way to get the quickest
response.

73,
N2TK, Tony