Compared to a 500 watt amplifier, 1500 watts represents almost 5 db. If you don't know what 5 db can do when trying to make weak signal contacts you haven't done much of it. I'm not saying that Elecraft should come out with a 1500 watt amp, but amps are NOT just about being loud and busting pileups. They have nothing to do with the front end of receivers and everything to do with fighting noise of one sort or another.

Dave   Ab7E