From: "Ron D'Eau Claire" <r...@cobi.biz>
Sent: ‎1/‎08/‎2016 6:57 AM
To: "elecraft@mailman.qth.net" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] The 1500 watt amp

It's an economic decision for the Ham too.

The KPA500 can be run from any decent 120VAC mains outlet as long as there
aren't too many other loads on it. But going above that power level forces the
Ham to have 240 VAC in the shack, something many of us do not normally plan
for. That can be a very expensive addition to the cost of the amp, especially
if the mains panel is not expandable as needed.

Of course, it's a "no brainer" for those looking to run the legal limit, but
for the average Ham it can be a real consideration.

73, Ron AC7AC