Heya,

Not only that we have a RPi4/5 confusion, you managed to add a Rod/b one.

So, the image Andy pointed to (which I understand has its roots with Rod) works
very nicely. While idle latencies did not exceed 12µs, mostly below 10. That
was truly impressive. Once I got wifi up and initiated some downloads, it
doubled to 24µs, much like the value Andy got. When I started up firefox and
selected youtube, I got a single value of 400µs, though.

A complaint I have is that there was no sound in the default installation. The
400µs I like to speculate may be associated with the failed attempt to perform
the respective initialisations.

Another complaint is that the image is not stable when it comes to updates. I
was curious on the effect that the installation of KDE would have on the
latencies, and if the missing sound would install with it. So I installed the
package "task-desktop-kde" with debfoster. That ruined the reboot since the
expected kernel image was no longer found. I made a screenshot with my phone
and send it to whoever is interested, but my hunch is that Rod's new image if
depending more on Debian's installation will likely solve such inconsistency
issues.

Do we have any latency tools that would run without X, so we get a baseline of
what software layer is costing us how much? I recall that we do but
latency-test at least does not. I am asking since the latency-sensitive gaming
industry should have some strong incentive to look into what we are doing but I
have not seen too much from them, yet. Ok - this may be something for another
thread.

Best,
Steffen