On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 08:48:43AM -0500, Ray Henry wrote:

> It could also be me reading it wrong.  I had an issue trying to home
> using a shared limit pin.  The one axis I was homing was fine but all
> the others would fault.  No way around it after the ignore limit code
> was made single axis.
>
> Long ago we found that motion stuttered during homing.  Some sort of
> pause in the motion while EMC looked at the home pin.  If this is still
> the case, it might cause the increased following error that was
> observed.
>
> Ray

Ray I missed the last paragraph of Richard's message at the first
reading, but down there he says that his switches disable the servo
amp during the homing process, which causes a larger following error.

The motion (decelerating to a stop after touching the switch) is
commanded smoothly, but his machine can't track it well, because the
amp is off, and the axis is coasting.

Chris