Ray Henry wrote:
> It could also be me reading it wrong.  I had an issue trying to home
> using a shared limit pin.  The one axis I was homing was fine but all
> the others would fault.  No way around it after the ignore limit code
> was made single axis.
If the limit switches are shared, then the first axis must be
moved off the limit switch before the 2nd axis can search for
home, then again for the 3rd axis.  Just setting the home
position to a large enough non-zero value should accomplish that.

> Long ago we found that motion stuttered during homing.  Some sort of
> pause in the motion while EMC looked at the home pin.  If this is still
> the case, it might cause the increased following error that was
> observed.
No pause anymore.  There is a bit of a glitch, at least on some
encoder counter schemes, when the encoder count is suddenly set
to zero by the index pulse.  It is pretty small, as the driver
masks most of the discontinuity.

Missed you at the CNC Workshop!

Jon