On Nov 30, 2008, at 8:27 PM, tomp wrote:

> Kirk
>
> Kirk Wallace wrote:
>> On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 20:20 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> I reduced Default_valacity =1.
>>> Max_velacity =2.0
>>> Default_acceleration = 2.0
>>> Max_acceleration =3.0
>>>
>>> The picture is:
>>> www.conceptmachinery.com/Sh12.jpg
>>>

>>> I reduced most of them by 2-3 times and graph looks good. I will
>>> post it
>>> in 20 minutes.
>>> I am interesting why my drive can not output more voltage?
>>> Not power enough? It is SD-94  8 amp constant from servo dynamic
>>>  http://www.servodynamics.com/sd94p_servodrive.html
>>> thanks
>>> Aram
>>>

>> This drive has its own PID feedback built in. You may need to decide
>> which PID loopback system you want to use, EMC2 or servo drive. I
>> would
>> go with a "dumb" motor amp myself. Or, others here have a way to deal
>> with "smart" drivers. Or, I may be, all together, off base.
>> challenge
>> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win
>> great prizes
>> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in
>> the world
>>

> you're right
> often a cnc control loop will fight a driver control loop
> because there's 2 loops controlling one process
> and one must be dummied up so the other can be boss
> and usually the cnc control cannot be dummied
> so the driver P gain gets 'weakened' ( i and d may get nulled so the
> driver is basically P )
>
> anyway
> you mention a 'dumb' driver
> anything you know of for AC drives?
> i've done this with lots of copley's
> but those were dc brushed amps
> thanks
> tomp
>
> Hi Tom,

Yes, I think that is exactly the idea. Use only P ( on the drive) and
lower P to the point where the drive needs between 9 & 10 volts to go
max velocity. Set other parameters to zero and then start tuning the
P and FF1 in emc, then go on from there.

If that doesn't work then have a conversation with Servo Dynamics;
I've always found them to be very helpful.

Dave