aram

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>> it

>>> This drive has its own PID feedback built in. You may need to decide
>>> which PID loopback system you want to use, EMC2 or servo drive. I would
>>> go with a "dumb" motor amp myself. Or, others here have a way to deal
>>> with "smart" drivers. Or, I may be, all together, off base.
>>> ------------
>>> Kirk
>>> http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/
>>>
>> Oops, I just realized you are driving brushless motors, so maybe you
>> need to remove the EMC2 feedback PID, drive the driver from EMC2 in open
>> loop like a stepper or DC Gecko drive. The PID tuning will be done on
>> the brushless drive using the vendors tuning software. (?)
>>
> why do i need vender software?
> EMC2 will close loop.
> SD94 come with package that includes stuff that i do not need.
> It is good but has special sofware etc that i do not need.

>> challenge
>> prizes
>> world

you are right
emc will close your loop

kirk suggests that the driver tuning may be complicated by emc control
he is correct
the emc loop contains the driver loop

but dont worry, it is a small issue

begin by using the manfacturer's tuning instructions to move nice
without emc

then use emc to move , and adjust the parameters for your best result
( this is exactly the course you have followed )

there is a small issue of performance
dont let small things stop the big thing :)

your system will be stable enough to adjust better at a later time
it will not be all wrong
it will be good

perfect is very difficult :)
begin with good!