gene heskett wrote:
> On Sunday, January 22, 2012 09:01:21 PM Jon Elson did opine:
>

> I just tried these two additions to my .ini file, then restarted emc while
> the machine was within about a thou of zero on all axises.  But on the
> restart, the home flag wasn't set where it was restarted, and a click on
> the 'home all' button then zeroed the display in addition to setting the
> home * on in the selected sequence.  This then throws my machine off by
> however much it is from zero, and this is not at all nice, forcing me to
> repeat the homing by electrical contact detection that I am currently using
> as I get setup to 'etch' a couple pcb's.  That takes 5 to 10 minutes of
> creeping along at .015/minute feed rates for all 3 axises to arrive at
> where it was when I shut it down.
>
> It would be nice if there was a setting that would cause it to set the home
> stars, _without_ zeroing the counters, accepting that it is 'homed'
> wherever it is at.

Well, if you want to home just ONE axis, don't do "home all".  I do not
use the home all
function, it lets me watch to avoid any collisions when homing.

I don't know why your homing is so slow, I do the initial search at
something like 45 IPM.

Home is defined as a specific place, so machine limits can be known.
(Not so important
on a rotary axis.)  The workpiece coordinates are some offset from
that.  If you move
the home position, then the workpiece coords move, too.  It sounds more
like you
want to set workpiece coords rather than homing.

Jon