On Tuesday, January 24, 2012 05:55:14 PM Ed Nisley did opine:

> On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 00:12 -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > Its doing all moves on the .bot. files
> > in negative X from the reference point
>
> I'm pretty sure there's a checkbox along the way that reads "Mirror X
> axis" to make that answer come out right without any further attention.
>
> The Eagle gerbv274x CAM file has a "mirror" option that might do exactly
> what you need. Probably applies only to the bottom layer, though.
>
> [*fails to install pcb2gcode due to dependency hell*]
>
> The pcb2gcode man page seems to imply (in --mirror-absolute) that
> backside mirroring normally takes place at the middle of the board.
>
> Perhaps you have one or more of:
>       - the Eagle origin at the wrong spot

left front corner of the board, so all dimensions on the top side are
positive.  Seemed sensible at the time. :)

>       - the backside Gerber file exported without mirroring
>       - the --mirror-absolute option set/unset
>
> I'd expect some option twiddling would solve the problem without resort
> to G-Code hackage. After all, you're not the first person to mill the
> backside of a PCB with this tool chain!

Obviously not, in this case I tried a G92 X2.195 before the first move,
that put the holes where they belong, and of course a G92.1 to restore it
at the bottom of the file before the M2.

> And you really need an automatic tool height probe switch... really you
> do!

How do you train pcb-gcode to use it?  I'll put a gage with a pcb contact
on top of it on the table close to the board, and from the known height of
the gage, I'll just pull the quill handle down till the light comes on.
Should be close enough for my girls anyway.  To do it in gcode, I'll need
to pull the driver box down and wire up the stuff I did have to hook up for
the G38.2, which should work for that, if I can insert those few lines of
code after the M6 T# command.  Good idea in fact.  I didn't do that when I
built the new driver box.

Cheers, Gene
I just forgot my whole philosophy of life!!!