On Sunday 24 October 2021 02:57:39 John Dammeyer wrote:

> Is anyone using
> https://github.com/verser-git/probe_screen_v2

Looks neat, but I wrote my own routines for probing years ago that I've
since made into subroutines I can use anyplace in other programs.  So no
need for anything quite so elaborate graphicly. As for workpiece
missmount rotations I use the align kits pieces with my own pyvcp
buttons to set or cancel the coords corrections.

Looks like it would need some mods today to account for multiple
spindles. Its old code in that regard.

> Any comments about it?  Or perhaps other Probe installations?

I have never used a 10k spindle speed. 500 revs maybe, but I use a
capacitor across the probe connection to store the first contact long
enough to register with linuxcnc, and I probably move slower such that
the spin only moves .0001" per rotation, giving me .0002" repeatability.
when probing Z, I use a bit of pcb as a live contact, turning the spindle
backwards with the mill in the spindle serving as the ground. I can use
the same bit of pcb for weeks without making a visible contact on the
pcb.

This is cute, it would impress the visiting frogs, but I won't change how
I do it to this. OLd habits I guess.

> Thanks
> John
>

> "ELS! Nothing else works as well for your Lathe"
> Automation Artisans Inc.
> www dot autoartisans dot com

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)