> > I have found this one accurate enough for my needs for manual set up
> > where I move the axis, given the ACME lead screws on my machine.  I
> > have however ordered one of the verser ones (plus extra probes) since
> > it also handles Z and appears to have a bit more 'flex' to deal with
> > deceleration of the axis once the probe makes contact.
> >
> First time I've seen that one which I assume is xy only, but that's also
> a quite decent price. They need to advertise where DDG picks it up.

The round part is 0.2" diameter.  That dimension is programmed into my
Shumatech DRO although for the center of a circle, for example it doesn't
matter.  I touch off in one direction and when the LED comes on zero the X on
the Shumatech.  Then jog over or use the MPG to move in the other direction
until the LED comes on again.  At this point FCN, 1, X-Axis buttons.  Now the 0
position of the X is midway between the two edges.

Move to that  and do the same but FCN, 1, Y to set the Y axis and now I have
the center of the circle.  Assuming I have my backlash set perfectly...

I believe the G38.x can be used for this but it requires those macros or chunks
of G code to set everything.  Hence my original question about probing.  And of
course I'd have to connect a wire from the probe to the LinuxCNC system since
it can't look at the LED inside the probe.

John

 But