On 5/14/04 7:04 PM, "Scott Haneda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> I can't imagine anyone else will want go back to X after upgrading to 2004,
>> but yes, that's how to do it.
>
> I really did not want to either, I thought it would be only a temp thing and
> that this font display issue would be able to be worked out.  Now that I
> have found out that this is just how it is, which is surprising to me since
> I don't have any other apps that have this problem, and I use Monaco 9 in
> all of them, I suppose I will just have to find some "pretty" font that is
> easy for me to read and work with.
>
> I have a feeling a once the bulk of people update, there will be a lot of
> people who really  have issue with this, then again, I could be totally
> wrong and everyone will just start using html email and not plain text, who
> knows :-)

I think that most people who are discomfited by it will be just a wee bit
more adaptable than you, and will either go to 10 pts or will find a font
that's close in appearance to Monaco and doesn't have the problem. Like the
Andale Mono Beth suggested.

I mean we're not talking about functionality here, nor anything that can't
be adjusted (unless someone keeps sending you HTML messages in Monaco 9,
which is not very likely). I do not think that most people will find that
their liking of Monaco 9 is so absolute that a slight change in appearance
to another plain text font is not outweighed by the 2000 or so other
improvements in Office 2004.

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP Entourage

PLEASE always state which version of Entourage you are using - **2004**, X
or 2001. It's often impossible to answer your questions otherwise.