October 18, 2003 09:03 am, Joeb wrote:
> I've downloaded the 9.2 tree and I am attempting to build the ISO images
> with MakeCD.  Using the commands in the README.MakeCD, the ISOs are all
> created, but there are a lot packages that give dependency errors and
> are left out.  Also, I notice that the descriptions for the ISOs all
> refer to Cooker-Download 1 (2,3,4,etc).
>
> I'm wondering if what is out on the servers is really 9.2 or is it a
> cooker snapshot?    Also, there is a i586/misc/doc directory that looks
> like it has a configuration file for 9.2, but I can't figure out how to
> use it.  Since it takes a long time to build the ISOs, trial and error
> becomes very frustrating.  So, has anyone else tried building the ISOs
> with MakeCD?
>

> Joeb
>
> p.s. if/when I get this to work, with all of the wrinkles out, I'll post
> it to the twiki.

Hi Joe;

In this part of the development cycle cooker as frozen for release is 9.2, 9.2
is cooker to all intents and purposes. The script used to generate the ISOs
is slightly different but the packages are basically the same.

The only ISOs I've generated are from my "local cooker mirror" and are called
"Cooker Download" after generation, but after install the boot splash
identifies it as "9.2 Download edition." If you're impatient for the release
you could try that, I don't know if it will work still since I did this
before rsync started actually pulling new packages. In other words when
cooker was still frozen.

Have you run gendistrib yet? I believe that's used to clean the trees before
building ISOs but I could be wrong. I'm sure there are notes about it on the
TWiki (cooker).

http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/CookerHowTo#Running_gendistrib

There are links and mini how-tos from that page to MakeCD and other tidbits.

Personally I think I'll wait for the 7 disk Power Pack from the Mandrake
Store. Disks only, no support, no manuals etc.

But not for this box. It stays cooked.

http://www.mandrakestore.com/mdkinc/index.php?PAGE=tab_6/menu_1.php&id_art=346&LANG_=en#GOTO_346

That link will probably wrap.

Regards;
Charlie
- --
Edmonton,AB,Canada User 244963 at http://counter.li.org
Cooker on kernel 2.4.22-10mdk
13:49:56 up 28 days, 3:12, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
I owe the government $3400 in taxes.  So I sent them two hammers and a
toilet seat.
                -- Michael McShane