On Sunday 26 October 2003 12:46 pm, Charlie M. wrote:
> October 18, 2003 02:07 pm, Charlie M. wrote:
> <whack>
>
> > The only ISOs I've generated are from my "local cooker mirror" and are
> > called "Cooker Download" after generation, but after install the boot
> > splash identifies it as "9.2 Download edition." If you're impatient for
> > the release you could try that, I don't know if it will work still since
> > I did this before rsync started actually pulling new packages. In other
> > words when cooker was still frozen.
>
> OK; I've generated a new set of ISOs from my local cooker tree yesterday
> and "upgraded" from them. Everything was generally all right with a couple
> of minor exceptions.
> xchat wouldn't install, error opening package messages at the console when
> the graphic progress bar seemed to be hanging, and
> KDE doesn't load a desktop at all. Blue screen, not desktop or icons or
> taskbar, but the "KDE is starting" sound plays.
>
>  That IIRC is apparently because the KDE maintainer built the .80 version
> with the wrong compiler or some such. So for now, until I have a chance to
> do a bit of fixing and patching, I'm stuck with Ice-worm or GNOME or other.
> I can't install cooker for anyone that uses a KDE desktop from these disks.
>
> I'll take a swing at remastering the ISOs from my local 9.2 tree later
> today, adding the updates, and see if I get an installable set of disks,
> then report the results here.
>
> Thank [Deity] for CD-RWs. This could get expensive if I was forced to use
> CD-R disks. <g>

Could you either report back here or e-mail me with the details of what you
are doing.  I am trying to build a page on the cooker twiki that describes
how to make a new set of install disks with the updates slipstreamed.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx