---Sure, one can get Enlightened without a Guru; likewise, one can
learn how to play the violin without a teacher. (as Borak would
say...."NOT"!).

 In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bronte Baxter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>   [Bronte: The only guidance needed is one's own inner guidance.
It's the nature of the human spirit to wake up.]

>   Ron:
> My comments, coming from my path will mirror that of Ramana
Maharishi's admonisions.

>   Bronte:
>   I disagree with almost everything of the philosophy of the Neo-
Advaitins, RM's very much included.

>   Ron:
> Regarding a mentor or Guru, it is 100% that one will need this for
unfolding enlightenment.

>   Bronte:
>   This is a typical guru mind-enslavement statement: "You can't do
it without me." It spiritually disempowering of seekers and self-
aggrandizing of gurus, designed to suck in clients. It's like a real
estate agent telling you can't possibly sell our house successfully
without an agent to guide you. Imagine what would happen to business
if people realized they could do it by themselves?

>   Ron:
>   Some very rare one's will do it on their own. It is ego which
declares a Guru is not needed, or even I am that rare one - after
all, Ramana did it this way and so can I.

>   Bronte:
>   Good sales line: "it's your ego." That one really snags the
spiritual consumer. Get 'em with their guilt. Way to go, Ramana
Maharishi!

>   Ron:
>   Why? because one in darkness needs light- and the light is just
not there. If it were, then one wouldn't be in darkness.The Guru is
the one that has traversed the journey from start to Realization,
having gone through it, they are the light to show others.

>   Bronte:
>   What do you mean, "the light is just not there"? What is a human
being's nature, darkness or light? Don't you believe that everything
is God's light? Then how can you think one can't become aware of that
light within themselves by the power of that light within themselves?

>   To wake up to one's nature is as natural as waking up in the
morning. Saying you can't do it by yourself is like saying you'd
never wake up in the morning if you didn't have your mother to call
you.

>   Ron:
> In my path, it is not that they desire to be guru or step forward
to do so, they are
> commissioned by their own Guru's to do so.
>

>   Bronte:
>   That may well be. It's those who've bought the sales pitch who
are best equipped to perpetuate it.