Or even an uncovered one. They are big enough for my guys and they are young enough to jump in. I learned about them when I was dealing with a 19 year old marvelous feral who moved in with me (trust me, I wasn't into cats but he changed that big time). I would never buy one of those tiny litter boxes for my boys.
On Mar 11, 2012, at 8:39 AM, GRAS wrote:

A friend also used those wooden garbage bin holders that open from the
front....she cut openings for entry, put in a shelf for more sleeping space, filled with hay or straw, or even smaller individual Styrofoam cubicles
without lids, and it housed about 10 or more cats.
BTW - Rubbermaids also make great covered litter boxes for multiple cats. Cut an appropriate opening in front, depending on cats' needs (low or higher
threshold), and presto, litter box with a lid!  Natalie

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of MaiMaiPG
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 9:11 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Fwd: TNR

Plastic rubbermaid totes will help too. If you cut a hole toward the end on one of the long sides and leave the lid on top, you can stuff it with a little hay or pine needles (no cloth please, it holds water). Cutting the hole this way lets them get further out of the weather and feels safer than
putting it in the middle or on a short side.  The top acts as a roof,
repelling water and wind and makes it easier to tend to the box. I like to
put a little Sevin in for fleas during the season.
On Mar 11, 2012, at 12:03 AM, <dlg...@windstream.net> <dlg...@windstream.net