Tobias --

At 11:57 AM +0200 6/26/02, Tobias Giesen wrote:

>  > I, at least, am willing to pay the extra cost that Kagi charges
>for their service just to have the peace of >mind that comes from
>knowing that they take transaction security seriously.
>
>a) The customer is never charged such fees, it's always the seller
>who gets them deducted from the total price.

I realize this. What I meant was that I would be willing to pay a
price for Patterson Plug-Ins that would be equal to $59 plus the
amount that was deducted from the posted price. That is, if Kagi were
to charge 5% of listed price for their services, I would be willing
to pay $62.11

>b) PayPal transactions are secure in terms of using the secure https
>protocol - in the exact same way as Kagi.

Am I incorrect in remembering that there was an article the Wall
Street Journal about PayPal merchant software being easy to set up
incorrectly and subject to spoofing? Even if I am, it seems that
whenever I read about problems with credit card transactions on the
web PayPal is mentioned. Granted, this and most of the other problems
I have seen about PayPal have resulted in _sellers_ losing money, but
they have not made me any more predisposed to use them.

More importantly: I will not ever deal with any payment system that
wants to reach out and touch my bank account. Never.

Best wishes,

-=-Dennis