Jon S. Berndt wrote:

Here's one I'm throwing out simply for discussion, and because it's occurred
to me several times in the past:

Would it be possible to change the visual appearance of wing flex during
flight? I thought it might be interesting to give the wing an amount of flex
dependent on load factor and wing stiffness, etc.  I've got some simple
equations in my old aeroelasticity textbook that might provide a simple
enough algorithm.

Just a thought...

Check out the ornithopter in action. The basic ideas is you draw a couple different versions of the wing and then use the FG animation system to pick the appropriate one that corresponds to the current load. Or you could hinge the wing sections and animate it that way.