* Josh Babcock -- Tuesday 20 December 2005 02:54:
> I wonder what the performance hist will be. I assume that it will
> go linearly with the number of vertecies.

I only had two spheres side by side in the scenery (next to the bo105
in KMRY), with 92 vertices each. They were constantly morphing into
each other, back and forth. This had no impact. Of course, with a
very detailed wing it could be a different matter, but I don't think
that it would be a big problem. Morphing is something that you only
want on a few nearby objects. And yes, it should be linear. It
interpolates four float values per vertex in "full mode", but could
be limited to 2 (we don't *really* need to interpolate UV coords and
vertex colors :-).

Unfortunately, so far it only works with "solid" (unsmoothed) objects.
Looks like a plib bug to me, but I have yet to find the exact reason.

m.