Hi Martin,

On Monday 16 March 2009 21:25:06 Martin Spott wrote:
> Now, we already have approx. 1k5 3D Scenery models, so chances are high
> that quite a few are affected by such a change and I'd be happy to
> apply an automated conversion if this is technically possible.
Attached is the script I have tried for some models.
But be careful! We have many models that look better without material
modification.

> What are we going to do about the users of our Scenery. Should we:
> a) leave the Scenery 3D models unchanged until the next software
>    release, thus leaving users of FlightGear/CVS with strange-looking
>    3D models;
> b) convert the Scenery 3D models _now_ together with the software at
>    the risk of unsatisfied users of the latest official software
>    release;
Note that, if you change any ac model, this change will *not* show up in the
official release of flightgears viewer since the amb parameter in the material
is
*just* *ignored* with the past official release.

You can only see that change if we remove that post processing step in model

Greetings

Mathias