Mathias Fröhlich wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For ac models, we have currently a step in the scenery loading process that
> modifies the material settings to match the material settings of the old plib
> loader.
> In fact this just overwrites the material settings and throws away useful
> information that is in the ac file that is still there up to the point where
> we
> just destroy that information.
> I introduced that step at the time of the openscenegraph switch to make the
> transition easier.
>
> I would like to remove that step now and make use of the full material
> information contained in the ac file.
> I believe that this is a step into the right direction, but this *does*
> change
> the visual appearance of some of our models. So when this gets removed, I
> guess that some of the models material colours need to be adjusted in some
> way.
>
> Comments?
I'm working on something that might completely ignore the material settings in
the
.ac file, but I think that's OK. I'm adding support for effects files that
specify, in addition to the material and parameter properties we have now in
the .ac
file, shaders, uniform parameters for the shaders, fallbacks for environments
that
don't have shaders. So far I've been working with the terrain, but my idea for
models is to associate an effect with a material in the .ac file by using the
material's name.

There will more to comment on when I check in the first effects stuff later
this week.

Tim