On 6 Jun 2009, at 08:46, Melchior FRANZ wrote:

> This would really be the best approach. It could then also be used to
> live-enable/disable (grey out) widgets, or to change their color while
> the dialog is open, etc. I'll work on that in the near future and try
> to keep PLIB'isms away as far as possible.

Okay - I made some hackish attempts at that back in January, but
didn't get anything I was comfortable to commit. I also hit problems
trying to have PLIB notify the gui code (and hence, Nasal script) when
a text field lost focus - which is a useful point to be able to
'commit' the contents and update other UI state dynamically.

One request, if possible, for the pop-up menus - it would be great to
be able to associate a hash with them, to provide the item data,
instead of simply an array of strings, since there are cases where the
simplest identifier for an item is not the label we'd display to the
user. So:

[
        {id:"EHAM" label:"Schiphol (EHAM)"},
        {id:"LFPG" label:"Charles de Gaulle (LFPG)"}
]

Actually, if PLIB made it possible, the nicest thing would be a 'menu
about to open' script hook for the menus - which could then update the
contents directly. That's something available in many widget systems,
but again I suspect it might be tricky with PLIB.

James