On 12 Jun 2009, at 10:04, Melchior FRANZ wrote:

>> I checked over the dialog code, and I don't see a standard 'visible'
>> or 'hidden' property (looking at FGDialog::makeObject), but perhaps
>> there is some other way to achieve this?
>
> There's a <visible> property per widget group, which defaults to
> true. You can let the nasal part toggle that, in which case the widget
> won't be considered at all (including in the layouting). But toggling
> the property later won't have an effect.

Ah, which is the part I want.

There's various uses I have in mind for this, but the key one is to
adjust which (of a group) of buttons are shown based on the some other
dynamic state. I guess for now I can simply show all the buttons, and
disable / ignore the ones that don't make sense in each situation.

It would also let me implement something like tabs, but I think I'd be
better using child-dialogs for such features, at the moment.

James