On 5 Jun 2009, at 19:52, James Turner wrote:

> I want this for the route-manager dialog, but I can imagine similar
> concepts being useful in the other places in the GUI - for example
> the 'position on ground' dialog could have the runway and parking
> position fields replaced with menus, avoiding having to guess the
> correct values.

Another, related question: is it possible to hide and show UI
element / groups dynamically? In once case I'd like to change which
buttons are shown in a dialog, based on the property values, and in
another I'd like to change what is displayed in a particular area, i.e
show one of two different groups, again based on a property value.

I checked over the dialog code, and I don't see a standard 'visible'
or 'hidden' property (looking at FGDialog::makeObject), but perhaps
there is some other way to achieve this?

James