* James Turner -- 6/8/2009 10:52 AM:
> On 6 Jun 2009, at 08:46, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> I'll [...] try to keep PLIB'isms away as far as possible.

Actually, I'll reorganize the code a bit so that possible later
transitions to osgWidgets or other toolkits are even easier. And
I intend to make all widget properties "live", so that one can,
for instance, change the <x> component (and optionally re-layout
the dialog), and see the widget move. It'll be nice to have live
color changes and to see the total weight text in the payload
dialog turn red on overload etc.

> I also hit problems trying to have PLIB notify the gui code
> (and hence, Nasal script) when a text field lost focus - which
> is a useful point to be able to 'commit' the contents and update
> other UI state dynamically.

Aren't <binding>s triggered then? Well, maybe not in all cases.
I'll look into that.

> One request, if possible, for the pop-up menus - it would be great to
> be able to associate a hash with them,

OK, sounds like a good idea.

> Actually, if PLIB made it possible, the nicest thing would be a 'menu
> about to open' script hook for the menus - which could then update the
> contents directly. That's something available in many widget systems,
> but again I suspect it might be tricky with PLIB.

The trickiness isn't so much the problem. It's more the question
how much time we still want to invest in PLIB. But I see no problems
submitting necessary changes to PLIB. Actually, I've sort-of become
PLIB's gui maintainer already, anyway.  ;-)

m.