Dave Culp and I were researching this issue a bit tonight in
#fg_cantene, and it does appear that there are airports where either
end of the runway shares the same LOC frequency for a "front course"
approach. So this would imply that indeed there would have to be a way
for that particular approach (either end) to be deactivated, as John
stated. In 20+ years of instrument flying, I have never run across
this before--most airports simply have a BC approach on the back-side
of that runway, or another localizer transmitter if a separate front
course approach is required.

So I am in the process of trying to contact an ex-USAF/ex-FAA avionics
technician that I know, to find out the specifics of how this is
handled. It does appear that there could indeed be a problem--and you
simply might have to implement a method of having the user select the
desired runway for the ILS approach, when a given runway is selected
for the approach. In fact, this is the way that Elite does it when
there's a potential conflict. If you select a frequency that is a
potential conflict (airports too close, for instance), the application
pauses and a message box appears, prompting you to select the desired
runway.

I will research this a bit more, but it appears as though a resolution
might just be to prompt the user to choose the runway of choice. Elite
now puts this feature on the instructor's screen, so as to avoid
program interruption (which some of their users  had apparently
complained about.) But it does appear that John has raised a good
point, with regards to a dual-approach scenario using the same
localizer.

More to come from my end, with regards to the specifics...

TB