While my aviation expertise does not include foreign approach plates,
there should be some degree of standard between designations world-
wide. Thus I believe those are the designators of either the actual
marker beacons, just off the runway...not the LOC itself. From what I
can tell, there is only *one* LOC there.

Check out this PDF:  http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/egpfgla/airportinfo/editaxi.pdf

That small symbol I think you are referencing in the PDF you linked,
is indicating the location of the DME transmitter, and the frequency
it is associated with (a LOC, in this case). DME transmitters co-
transmit on the NAV frequency, so you tune the DME simply by tuning
the VOR/LOC frequency in your NAV radio.

Now look at this approach plate:
http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/aip/current/ad/EGPH/EG_AD_2_EGPH_8-6_en.pdf

The localizer for runway 24 has the frequency you referenced (108.90),
and thus the DME is located on-field and is required for use on the
approach, per the name ILS/DME/NDB. Also, the fact that the small
symbol is located to the side of the runway indicates that this is NOT
an ILS approach...as a precision approach could not have a localizer
misaligned with the runway centerline.

So to your point--YES, the I-VG & I-TH "share" the same frequencies--
but those are not different localizers. There is only one localizer
pictured there, and it's frequency is 108.90. Rather I think those
symbols are actually marker beacons at either end of the runway, as
shown on the PDF that linked to in your response (just off either end
of the runway).

TB