Hi Folks --

Of the 3050 ILSs in section four of my copy of nav.dat,
404 of them, i.e. more than 13% of them, are reversible.
That's 202 pairs, if you want to count by pairs.
 -- In all such pairs, both ends use the same frequency.
 -- In all such pairs, the two ends have different IDENT
  codes.
 -- In all such pairs, the localizers face in opposite
  directions.
 -- In all such pairs, with two dubious exceptions, the
  localizers are documented to be more than 1km apart.

Here are a few examples
Airport                          freq    LOC-LOC distance
  EGPH: IVG  06   == ITH  24   (108.90)   1.817 nm
  KJFK: IHIQ 04L  == IIWY 22L  (110.90)   1.646 nm
  KJFK: ITLK 13L  == IRTH 31R  (111.50)   1.953 nm
  KLAX: IGPE 06R  == IHQB 24L  (111.70)   2.044 nm
  KLAX: IUWU 06L  == IOSS 24R  (108.50)   2.099 nm
  KLAX: IMKZ 07R  == ILAX 25L  (109.90)   2.270 nm
  KLAX: IIAS 07L  == ICFN 25R  (111.10)   2.263 nm
  KPHL: IPHL 09R  == IGLC 27L  (109.30)   2.065 nm
  KPHL: IVII 09L  == IPDP 27R  (108.95)   1.898 nm

The whole list can be found at
  http://www.av8n.com/fly/reversible.txt

There are several reasons why the two ends of such a
pair must be considered _different_ ILSs, and cannot
be operated simultaneously:
 1) First of all, you have to ask where the localizer
  transmitter sits.  The rule is that they sit a little
  ways beyond the departure end of the runway.  If you
  tried to use a transmitter at the departure end of
  runway 6 to serve approaches to runway 24, the LOC
  course width would go to zero long before you reached
  the threshold of runway 24.  There is no way this
  would go unnoticed.  Also, locating the localizer
  transmitter at mid-field is out of the question.
 2) Secondly, if you tried to serve two reciprocal
  runways with the same localizer, one or the other of
  them would be reverse sensing.  There is no way this
  would go unnoticed.
 3) If you tried to operate two transmitters at the
  same time, they would interfere.  In particular, the
  outbound (missed approach) segment of one would ruin
  the inbound (final) segment of the other.  Also there
  would be no way to make sense of the IDENT.

And FWIW, I have experienced this first-hand.  Sometimes
a student is capable of forming an unshakable expectation
that he will be using runway 6 right.  He has the
approach plate already out.  He listens to the ATIS, but
ignores the part about "landing and departing runway two
seven left".  He IDENTifies the ILS, hears "some" code,
and assumes it is the right code, even though it's not.
I tell him to double-check the IDENT, whereupon he
double-checks the frequency, and sure enough the frequency
is right.  He has a real hard time getting established
on the localizer, because it is reverse sensing ... not
to mention various other problems.  I explain to the
long-suffering controller that my student got out the
wrong approach plate, and we need to go hold somewhere
and sort things out.  The student overhears this, and
still doesn't understand what went wrong, because he
is absolutely sure that there is no such thing as a
reversible ILS.

  In contrast, a skillful instrument pilot does not really
  need to know or care about reversible ILSs, because the
  wording of the ATIS and the wording of the clearance
  suffice to tell him which approach plate to use.

I remark that section 4-7-13 of FAA 7110.65P, which
specifies the duties of air traffic controllers, briefly
mentions some procedures for "Switching ILS/MLS Runways".