Am 09.03.2012 20:44, schrieb syd adams:
> Ok I haven't entirely given up on the idea of removing the
> auto-coordination from the code.Wouldn't it be more appropriate to add
> that rudder control to controls.nas?
> Then it can be replaced if need be on a per aircraft basis , but not
> break anything
> otherwise.And maybe it could be slip/skid-ball driven ... my whole
> point is NOT to disable it but make it configurable.

Currently the rudder is set to 0.5 * aileron if autocoordination is
enabled. The value of 0.5 is hardcoded.
An easy and portable way to implement your request might be to introduce
a new property (e.g. /sim/auto-coordination-factor) with the default
value of 0.5. and change the code
  if ( auto_coordination->getBoolValue() ) {
         set_rudder( aileron / 2.0 );
  }

  if ( auto_coordination->getBoolValue()
    && auto_coordination_factor->getDoubleValue() > 0.0 ) {
    set_rudder( aileron * auto_coordination_factor->getDoubleValue() );
  }

so that setting /sim/auto-coordination-factor to a value of zero or less
disables the hardcoded auto-coordination but leaves the command-line
argument and the enable-property usable.

Torsten