You never know when attempting to speak for others, if you'll be right for
all of them. Just to set things right, Steve, I thank you for saying that!
:) The first FM I saw was v3 on a Mac in 1989. I took it personally when
Adobe stopped advancing FM Mac development. However, I’m pleased that
InDesign advanced mightily over the years in almost all the features I
valued most in FM.

Nostalgia isn't what it once was, I guess, but it came close for me the
other day. I happened upon Steven Fry's Guttenberg Press YouTube video, in
which he traces the evolution of the machine in a way that resembles the
patient slog that many long-time FM users have experienced while waiting to
see our feature suggestions and bug-fix requests come to reality in new
releases.