I posted this topic to the FreeDOS Facebook group, as well. Sharing
some comments from our Facebook friends, to add to the discussion:
(edited for clarity/brevity)

- a floppy maintainance kit
[I think this means a set of disk repair utilities?]

- Internet tools (ftp, web browser, email, etc)

- A version of FreeDOS 2.0 that targets older machines, distributed as
a few 360k floppy images.

- "Barebone" setup profile for the minimal installation possible,
something slightly more functional than "format c: /s"
[not sure how this differs from installing "Base only"?]

- Meta-packages or "package groups", so we can install full sets of
programs in one shot (such as "Development" to install all of the dev
tools)

- Tools to make it easier to roll out / deploy FreeDOS to many
machines, or at least a scripted / automated setup

Jim