>> On Oct 17, 2017, at 11:44 AM, Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:
[..]
>> I've lately wondered what should come after FreeDOS 1.2. I think it's
>> time to talk about "FreeDOS 2.0." I wanted to start a conversation
>> thread for it.
[..]

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Jerome Shidel <jer...@shidel.net> wrote:
> More (good) Open source games. (If we can find them).

I wasn't a big fan of including games in the FreeDOS distribution -
until we released FreeDOS 1.2. By then, others had convinced me that
if most people were using FreeDOS to play classic DOS games, we should
provide some free software / open source software games with FreeDOS.

BTW: I don't think the list of games to include is "static." We should
be able to change the list of games very easily. Games aren't utility
programs that add new functionality to FreeDOS - they are games. So if
there's a game that we want to add, or a game we want to remove, I'm
happy to do that. My only requirement is that these games should be
free software / open source software, and that we avoid dupes (people
don't want to choose from a million Tetris clones).

<aside>
Are you new to FreeDOS, and looking for a way to contribute? Create
some fun games for FreeDOS!
</aside>

Jim