On 12/3/2014 5:23 AM, Dave Kerber wrote:
> That's an OS and old hardware issue,  It's not inherent to SD.
> To a certain extent it is.  SD has a slower interface than CF does.
> That's why all high-end cameras use CF rather than SD cards.

Really? All my clients that use "high-end cameras" (this is Hollywood
just over the hills from me) are using SDHC or SDXC these days.
CF has only a real advantage that it is "royalty free" and are in a lot
of cases, easier to handle than SD cards where there is an unfortunate
trend to the miniSD and microSD formats, which are a pain in the
posterior for anyone but a 4 year old toddler to handle because of their
size (or rather, the lack thereof).

CFs are making a bit of a comeback though in embedded environments, as
they come in some more rugged casings and that the latest interface
specs is based on PCIexpress, which has become a staple in embedded
computing...

Ralf

---