Don't forget "Sound and Sense" by Laurence Perrine.

Grant Holland
VP, Product Development and Software Engineering
NuTech Solutions
404.427.4759

On 10/9/2010 6:29 PM, Stephen Thompson wrote:
 Pamela & Steve:

Winging their way to me via the magic of the Internet
and Amazon Books are three books: two recommended here:

1. James Woods "How Fiction Works"
2. Zelazny's  "Jack of Shadows"

and one recommended by a reviewer of Wood's book (not a happy review)
Percy Lubbock's  "The Craft of Fiction"

(Not to mention I am also still working on Menand's "The Metaphysical Club"
also recommended in this forum)

Now if only you physicists can get that faster-than-light drive working
I can hitch a ride and have sufficient time to read....

Thanks,
Steph T