And how, in country where 47% of the population liked Sarah Palin for president
do you envision this version of Utopia evolving, Marcus?

Sent from my Kindle Fire

From: "Marcus G. Daniels" <mar...@snoutfarm.com>
Sent: Sun Jan 08 13:00:52 MST 2012
To: friam@redfish.com
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Fwd: Winds of Change

On 1/8/12 11:23 AM, Douglas Roberts wrote:

The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their
term(s), then go home and back to work.

I want professionals working on my behalf.   I want skeptical decision makers
that can engage lobbyists (small and large) and force them to provide public
arguments for what it is they want.   I want leaders to be comfortable publicly
_laughing at_ lobbyist requests when those requests don't advance the greater
good.   So no, I don't want Congress on a still shorter leash.  That's the
problem in my opinion:  Congress typically panders to the voting blocks that
are easiest to manipulate, and otherwise is slave to individuals and groups
with money.   I don't see why short-term representation by distracted,
overwhelmed, and inexperienced people will be any better.

Marcus