Hm. Even with the caveat of "generally", I think this complementarity argument fails
because all the various categories are not disjoint. And it's the (somewhat) lack(ing) of
grounding/binding that allows the mixing of the modes. I'd tried to point this out by using
"computation", the idea that human innovation might be more universal than microbial
innovation. It's not really that the values *lack* grounding. It's that their grounding is
complicated, perhaps iterative? maybe heterarchical? IDK, but certainly not lacking any grounding.

An abstracted value system like that of the 09A OR MAGA cults may have *more*
power, more chances to hook and unhook because it gives the donner and doffer
of that value system more opportunities to do the donning and doffing at
whatever arbitrary points they choose, to lazily benefit themselves without
having to handle any unintended/unconsidered entailments.