Windows as an enforcement point platform greatly limits your capabilities --
most of the advanced features aren't compatible with windows.  It also is
something of an oxymoron -- an inherently insecure OS used as the platform
for a security solution.  At this time, 2008R2 is not supported -- only
32-bit.

What many of my customers who like Windows do is deploy the smartcenter on
Windows but use something else for enforcement (secureplatform).

Your environment seems like a poor choice for this -- cost, complexity,
etc.  Single-box solution makes sense -- your requirements are fairly
minimal.  Unfortunately, if you're looking to add a second box, your only
viable option is the UTM-1 platform, as those support both gateway and
management HA on the same pair of boxes -- open servers don't allow for
this.  Otherwise, split management from enforcement and you'll be ready to
go.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:57 AM, Dave Hornby <dave.hor...@totalsystems.co.uk