Vladimir> I have finally found some time to work on Geeqie again. The
Vladimir> first obvious task is the 1.1 release.

Yay!

Vladimir> With Klaus we are discussing if we should base the 1.1
Vladimir> release on the "master" or "stable" branch.

Vladimir> In my opinion the "master" is better tested and the new
Vladimir> features are quite stable. Also, there are people waiting
Vladimir> for the official release of the new features.

Can you give a summary of the differnces between the two branches?
Maybe it would make sense to replace a 1.1beta patch release and a all
the new features in a 2.0beta release so we cna look them over and see
what's needed.

But in any case, I think the release early, release often model should
be followed more if at all possible.

John