>>>>> "Vladimir" == Vladimir Nadvornik <nadvor...@suse.cz> writes:

Vladimir> Dne pátek 27 Červenec 2012 17:44:27 John Stoffel napsal(a):

>> Can you give a summary of the differnces between the two branches?
>> Maybe it would make sense to replace a 1.1beta patch release and a all
>> the new features in a 2.0beta release so we cna look them over and see
>> what's needed.

Vladimir> stable/1.1 branch contains just some bugfixes

Speaking of bugs, the one that I run into all the time is when I'm
deleting images quickly using the 'del' key.  Sometimes it bombs out
and throws up and error window saying it can't find a file or
something.  I'm not at my desktop, so I can't get the exact message.

My images are usually on an NFS server, being accessed by geeqie
running on VM or another system.  I've mostly worked around it by
disabling the saving of backup images, but I'm not positive.  I can do
more testing and let you know.

Vladimir> master contains these features
Vladimir> - support for stereoscopic images
Vladimir> - rewritten file grouping - it no longer tries all uppercase
combinations
Vladimir> - custom tiff loader - more efficient on large tiffs

Nice.  I'd like to see it become more efficient when loading a
directory with large numbers of images and not slowing down while

Vladimir> It is a long time since 1.0 release, I think that the
Vladimir> distributions already have their own fixes, so it makes no
Vladimir> sense to do a pure bugfix release now.

Hmm... I suspect that it might be good for us to at least look at the
patches floating around in the debian that we can easily pull in, and
possibly fedora as well (if they even have it, I don't use fedora at
all myself).  So releading v1.1 with all the patches we can find would
be good, then rolling them all up into 2.0 might be the way to do.

Or just saying to heck with it and going straight to v2.0 and drop the
1.0 branch completely.

Vladimir>
Vladimir> Live Security Virtual Conference
Vladimir> Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
Vladimir> threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
Discussions
Vladimir> will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in
malware
Vladimir> threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
Vladimir> Geeqie-devel mailing list
Vladimir> Geeqie-devel@lists.sourceforge.net