On 07/27/2012 07:56 PM, Vladimir Nadvornik wrote:
> Dne pátek 27 Červenec 2012 17:44:27 John Stoffel napsal(a):
>>
>> Can you give a summary of the differnces between the two branches?
>> Maybe it would make sense to replace a 1.1beta patch release and a all
>> the new features in a 2.0beta release so we cna look them over and see
>> what's needed.
>>

> stable/1.1 branch contains just some bugfixes
>
> master contains these features
> - support for stereoscopic images
> - rewritten file grouping - it no longer tries all uppercase combinations
> - custom tiff loader - more efficient on large tiffs
>
> It is a long time since 1.0 release, I think that the distributions already
> have their own fixes, so it makes no sense to do a pure bugfix release now.

Release master.  I've been using it also, and it's been stable for me as
well.  Call it whatever version number you like.  Don't do any
incremental releases before master.

The main reason we ended up in this 1.5-year slump is because it took 6
months to release 1.0, because we kept trying to release something that
was perfect instead of something that was good enough.  Let's move
faster this time and avoid getting burned out.

--xsdg