On 29/05/16 14:36, Klaus Ethgen wrote:

> Am So den 29. Mai 2016 um  4:01 schrieb John Stoffel:
>> Just gettings the warnings fixed would be a good goal in my mind.
> True.
>
> As you might have noticed, I already did some cleanup in merges 2943df6
> and 6164a63.
>
> Regards
>     Klaus
> - --
My view, which is but one of many, is that all compiler messages other
than errors should be inhibited for a standard build.

There may be people trying to use Geeqie who struggle just to download a
tar and do a make. For them, compiler warnings are an unnecessary worry,
because they do not understand that the warnings are in fact irrelevant
to them.

They are only relevant to the developers - and unfortunately there seems
to be very few of those around at the moment.

Deprecated warnings will never go away, because as fast as they are
fixed, the GTK developers are at work creating a few more.

My view is that all warnings should only be enabled with the
--enable-developer option.