Hi all,

On 4/11/06, Hanni Ali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Gentoo Cluster Handbook
>   I. Sys Admin Requirements - What reader must know before moving forward
>   (maybe describe clustering types here?)
>      i) Networking options etc.
>      ii) Disked vs Diskless
>      iii) more...

I'm particularly interested in what people are using for diskless
nodes and managing upgrades of system images across the cluster.  I'm
envisioning a system where I have a build environment in which I can
upgrade system software and test functionality on a development
machine and then take a snapshot of the system and copy that up to a
NAS device so that the nodes can then boot it.  It would be even
better if I could specify which packages I wanted (or rather, didn't
want) on the system images so that I could avoid having un-necessary
and potentially attacker-friendly packages such as gcc and portage on
the cluster nodes.