Peter Humphrey wrote:
My setup works just fine with run-levels that I set up years ago. I have one
for no-x, which as well as not starting X also omits services that are only
useful in X. I also use the nonetwork run-level for major emerges such as
wholesale upgrades of KDE.

The only thing I can think of at the moment that annoys me about open-rc is
the loss of alphabetical ordering in the output from rc-update -s -v;
everything else just works (well, apart from Flash in web browsers, but that
hardly counts).

I came in for a break. I'm disabled so I just do a little then take a breather. Whew!! Anyway, I think it is something on my rig that is not right. I'm hoping to test my old x86 rig soon. It is a really old install with some really old config files. If it works there, then I know it is just this install be it something specific to amd86 or just a setting I have that others don't. Could the kernel affect this somehow?

Will try to reboot this rig later on. I'll have to get a monitor and stuff hooked to my old x86 rig to test it.

Dale

:-)  :-)