Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Tue, 17 May 2011 06:58:20 +0100, Mick wrote:

I'm beginning to think that openrc goes back to the "old" Linux way.
In other words, it uses the init levels instead of softlevels.
Yes, this seems to be the case, although not in a clear way (otherwise
why is softlevel=nonetwork working?)
man rc describes the built in runlevels and goes on to say "You should
not call any of these runlevels yourself". So maybe this is a design
decision rather than a bug, it would explain why a custom runlevel works.

So do I need to create a runlevel called dalesboot and then just put the same stuff in it as is in the normal boot level? I have to say, that is weird. A runlevel should be used by both the system and available to the user as well.

Did I mention I can go to a console and use rc boot and it works? It's just when it comes from grub that it doesn't work.

Dale

:-)  :-)