Hi  Dale,

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 09:20:52AM -0500, Dale wrote:
> So do I need to create a runlevel called dalesboot and then just put the
> same stuff in it as is in the normal boot level?  I have to say, that is
> weird.  A runlevel should be used by both the system and available to
> the user as well.

Actually the boot runlevel is not a runlevel in the way you are
thinking. It is just a group of services that need to be run once when
your system starts. It is run once when you boot right after the sysinit
"runlevel".

It sounds like you might want to use the "nonetwork" runlevel for what
you are trying to do since the only thing in there is the local service.

William